Friday 19 February 2010

It's TOO Late For Me - Save Yourself!!!

Dear Friends

This is a warning!

It always happens around this time of year, I go into my local shop - innocently purchasing a newspaper or magazine.

NEVER suspecting what I will find lurking by the till.

Yes...... you know it;



They are so pretty - all shinny and little and perfectly shaped.


They seem innocent enough.

I remember now, I'm really rather fond of these

I mean honestly, what harm would one do?

I allow my mind to drift back to those carefree days of yore when I enjoyed the decadent Cadbury's chocolate on the outside, that thick first mouthful of silky melting smoothness, then, yes my friends, then the decadence of the oozing fondant beneath!


I slip my hand to hover over the box;
will I - won't I, will I - won't I,
one can't hurt, they are very little.

They are merely a child's sweet/candy and I am an adult and fully in control of my actions.

I make decisions for myself!
But it's too late,
I
decide
to
have
just
ONE!!!




Yes my friends it's too late for me - but if you haven't tasted that first egg yet, just think of me!
I'm on around TWO a day now, well sometimes three.... ok, ok,
FOUR on a bad day.

I am now including them in my grocery shop, buying them in family quantities - with no intention of sharing them with my family.

They have got me, good and proper!



SAVE YOURSELVES!

Wx




8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Now you have really done it...guess what I'm hankering after now!!????
    Oh man!!
    Oh well.....I'll join the club!!!
    ENJOY!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE them!!! Luckily I can't go out on my own yet.... I can still resist!!! Phew!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making me giggle this morning.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendy, how funny!!! Thanks for starting my day with a big laugh! Somehow, I can't picture you stuffing down those little eggs! hee hee hee! ....they are yummy! ;D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had one nearly every day since Christmas and I thought that was good going until I read your post!! Yesterday I bought a Sainsbury's Cream Egg easter eggs for £1 and you get two cream eggs plus of course, the chocolate easter egg and I think that is really good value considering one cream egg is about 48p!
    Have a good weekend.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have to avoid! I really like the mini ones too they have a perfect choclate/fondant ratio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We solved the problem by emigrating! The boys and I had one each at Bristol airport this holidays, and bought a six-pack for Easter Day itself. Now the challenge is to keep the pack hidden (from me) until the big day!

    ReplyDelete